One of the most important decisions you will ever make for your home is to choose the right windows. There are so many window brands on the market, and you have to scroll through a mountain of information to narrow down your selection. It’s not an easy decision to make!
To help you make an informed choice, we’ve put together some facts about Jeld-Wen window prices, products, and customer feedback.
Who Is Jeld-Wen?
Jeld-Wen is one of the top window companies in the US, with over $1 billion in annual turnover, according to the top
Jeld-Wen windows are sold through various big-box retailers like Home Depot and Lowes, as well as smaller home supply stores throughout the US. They also operate internationally in 19 other countries.
Jeld-Wen Window Styles
Jeld-Wen supplies different styles of windows in various materials, to suit both traditional and contemporary homes.
They are primarily a supplier of new construction windows, but they also supply replacement windows.
The main Jeld-Wen window replacement styles are:
- Double-hung windows
- Single-hung windows
- Awning windows
- Picture windows
- Sliding windows
- Casement windows
- Bay windows
- Bow windows
- Garden windows
Jeld-Wen Window Product Ranges
Jeld-Wen windows are made of vinyl, aluminum or wood, and their cost ranges from entry-level right up to high-end. They have a good range of products to suit most homeowners – including those who live in extreme coastal weather areas.
Jeld-Wen Vinyl Windows
- Builders Vinyl V-2500 – entry-level windows designed for new construction only.
- DF Hybrid Vinyl – mid-range windows designed to look like clad aluminum
- Premium Vinyl V-4500 – higher-quality windows designed to look like wood, available for new construction and replacements.
- Premium Atlantic Vinyl – designed for harsh Gulf Coast weather conditions, with optional impact glass.
Jeld-Wen Aluminum Windows
- Builders Atlantic Aluminum A-200 – mid-range windows for new construction in the Gulf and East Coast regions.
Jeld-Wen Wooden Windows
- W-2500 Clad-Wood – entry-level windows for new construction.
- W-450 Clad-Wood – mid-priced windows for new and renovated homes.
- Siteline Clad-Wood – mid-range windows with standard energy-saving Low-E glass for a variety of climates.
- EpicVue Wood – upmarket contemporary windows with slimline frames for great views.
- Custom Wood – traditionally-styled upmarket windows for retrofitting in older homes, and for commercial and historical buildings.
Jeld-Wen Window Prices
Jeld-Wen windows are sold through third-party suppliers, which can affect prices. The costs will also vary depending on style, glass or frame upgrades, and customization.
Here are some of the average prices for Jeld-Wen windows.
|Window Prices (Excl. Installation)
|$120 - $150
|$280 - $600
Average installation costs are as follows:
- New window installation – $140-$235 per window
- Replacement window installation – $195-$350 per window
- Bay/Bow window installation cost – $300-$575 per window assembly
A great way to limit your costs long-term is to invest in some reliable windows that will keep the heat in. Jeld-Wen only deals in windows with an energy rating of B, A, or A plus.
Jeld-Wen Windows Customer Reviews
There are some very mixed reviews out there, which don’t inspire much confidence in the Jeld-Wen brand. Are the reviews fair? While customers have a right to express their grievances, it’s worth looking at them in context.
Most of Jeld-Wen’s negative reviews concern installation issues and customer services.
If you’re planning on doing a replacement window project, it’s important to note that Jeld-Wen’s primary market is new construction.
New construction windows don’t need top-quality frames, because they are automatically sealed by the construction process. They are therefore manufactured at a low cost, to be bought in bulk by builders.
This doesn’t mean that you can’t get decent replacement windows from Jeld-Wen. It means that if you buy entry-level windows to use as replacements for your old windows, hoping to save money, you’re going to be disappointed. They won’t be well-insulated, and they’re harder to install.
Customer service issues
Jeld-Wen is a company that retails its products through a number of outlets – some larger, some smaller. There will be variations in customer services, delivery services, installation services, and aftercare services from retailer to retailer.
Some retailers might talk customers into buying Jeld-Wen’s entry-level windows, while promising them high-end window performance. Then, when there are installation and performance issues that need resolving, the customer suddenly realizes they are at the bottom of the food chain!
It’s easy to see how big brands like Jeld-Wen can get a ton of bad reviews, but often the issues stem from retail outlet practices and not the actual manufacturers themselves.
The bottom line is that Jeld-Wen window prices are affordable and their replacement windows are adequate – but replacement windows are not the main focus of their business.
If you want to save money in the long run, you’d be better off investing in good-quality windows from companies that actually specialize in the manufacture and sale of replacement windows, like Andersen or Pella.